The Wedgwood Community Council is a volunteer community organization that represents and advocates on behalf of the Wedgwood neighborhood. We do this through a variety of ways, whether its through general meetings we organize; the grants we pursue for creating open space and improve pedestrian safety; neighborhood planning such as the Vision Plan; helping to make Wedgwood safe by supporting our Wedgwood Wide BlockWatch program; creating a more livable community through sponsoring annual events like the Outdoor Cinema or Business Trick-or-Treat; and other important things. However, we want to make sure we are representing our community effectively and accurately. Therefore, we want to hear what your priorities are so we can focus on those things that are most important to you.
Please take a moment and share your TOP PRIORITY in the poll below. Also, please feel free to expand on your top priority (or secondary priority) in the Comment Section below (fyi, your comment may not show up immediately since we have a spam filter set up). We want to hear from you!
(By the way, these are intended to be broad, general categories to help point us in the right direction. If you have specific ideas, expand on them in the Comment Section below.)
Share Your Top Priority
- Public safety (police presence, block watch, emergency preparedness) (32%, 13 Votes)
- Neighborhood Plan (design guidelines, 35th Ave NE zoning, streetscape) (27%, 11 Votes)
- Pedestrian improvements (sidewalks, crosswalks, pedestrian overlay zone) (20%, 8 Votes)
- Open Space (park acquisition, trails, recreation facilities) (15%, 6 Votes)
- Traffic and Transit (traffic calming, bus service, bicycle infrastructure) (5%, 2 Votes)
- Other (describe in Comment Section below) (2%, 1 Votes)
- Utilities (stormwater, water/sewer lines, low impact development) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 41
Did I mention, the WCC is all volunteer? So, if you haven’t already, please consider getting involved or becoming a member. Our members really are the life blood of this organization, so JOIN NOW (you also get the Wedgwood Echo mailed to you)! If you’re passionate about any one of these issues in particular or are interested in becoming a trustee, please email » Brian Turnbull or email » Per Johnson.